Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Time

I firstly want to wish everyone a merry Christmas or whatever holiday it is that you celebrate, unless of course your atheist, then have a good time celebrate whatever it is you celebrate, like "nothing happens after you die day", ha I'm not sure what it is what you celebrate if anything but have fun this December!

Anyway, I was thinking the other night. Excluding every generation before the 1600's, I would argue that everyone my age has been born in one of the most difficult and yet privileged generations mankind has ever seen. At work I have chatted with parents who are buying an Ipod Touch for their child for his birthday, I then ask them, "how old is he turning?", you would be shocked about the answers I get. I've gotten as low as 3 and 4 a few times. You know what I got when I turned 3 or 4? Some freaking hot wheels and Lego's, and I was the happiest kid out there. Ah well, I'm not gonna be the one raising a 40 year-old dependent child working at Pizza Hut. I also said we are the most difficult generations to ever live, and by that I mean we have some serious problems that lie ahead, the end of oil, the radical actions of North Korea and China, the demise of the US dollar, politicians that are virtually worthless in every sense of the word, media that only cares about countries besides the US which is tearing our military apart, and the list goes on and on. Ugh...

Onto a happier note, I'm attempting to start lucid dreaming, which for those of you who don't know is being aware that your in a dream when your asleep and/or being able to control your dreams. You must first keep a dream journal, recording every dream you can remember in a book right when you wake up, I remember doing this and I can still remember my dreams that I read from my journal quite vividly from years ago, which I think is just awesome. Next step is to start lucid dreaming, you must keep your mind going when you fall asleep, like imagining climbing up and down stairs, controlling your breathing etc. You can also do reality checks in the daytime normally, like looking at your hands or the ground, as they dream will generally not yield the same results, and therefore you can know that your in a dream. I'm gonna try to do this and post another blog when I have one that I can remember.

Do we truly experience our dreams as they happen, or do we only remember them after we wake up?

No comments:

Post a Comment